Animal Medical Hospital

779 Peninsula Boulevard, http://rockvillecentrevet
Hempstead, NY 11550


Traveling with your Pet?

Our veterinarians are USDA-accredited and are qualified to assist you with the process of traveling with your dog or cat.

Contact us today for more information, and to set up an appointment for your pet to receive the necessary vaccination updates, disease testing, microchipping and domestic or international health certificates completed in time for your future travel plans.


**Please note that preparing for travel to some countries can take months.

Please call us as soon as your travel plans are made so we can best help you prepare.

Traveling with your pet - Animal Medical Hospital -  Veterinarians serving the areas of Rockville Centre, Lynbrook, Garden City, West Hempstead, Baldwin and nearby areas on Long Island, NY


Below is some information we will need to know to prepare for the appointment and for completion of the health certificate:

  • Destination Country
  • Who will be traveling with the pet
  • The address in the destination state or country where your pet will be staying
  • What date your pet is departing the state or country
  • What date you and your pet arrive in the destination state or country
  • What type of pet will you be traveling with (cat or dog)
  • Vaccination and microchipping information (if not administered at our hospital)
  • What airline you and your pet will be traveling with. What airports you will be flying to and any layover information.
  • How your pet will be traveling (on board with you/as excess baggage/cargo)
  • If you have checked with your airline to determine any additional requirements they may have

It is ultimately the pet owner’s responsibility to ensure their pet has met the requirements of the destination state or country and airline.

Click Here for more information on APHIS Pet Travel.

After your health certificate has been completed, signed and dated by our USDA-accredited veterinarian, most countries require that international health certificates be submitted to a USDA-APHIS Veterinary Services office for endorsement.

Click Here for more information on Obtaining a International Health Certificate Endorsement.